Open Source code & Frameworks
Today, businesses cannot afford to underestimate the efficiency and importance of web development. With that, a lot of people tend to confuse web design with web development. However, there is a vast difference between the two. While web design majorly deals with design elements of a website, web development looks after a lot more. Web development includes web design, along with web content development, client and server side scripting, server and configurations security as well as e-commerce application.For These several open source code & frameworks are available in the market.
While putting these above mentioned critical elements into the right place while developing a website, web developers have to deal with some robust web development tools that are available today. Web development frameworks such as CodeIgniter and cakePHP, whereas Open Source Content Management Systems like Drupal and WordPress are some of the most efficient web development tools being acquired by web developers and web content specialists today.
WordPress is an open source blogging tool and Content Management System. It is powered by PHP and MySQL database and is considered as one of the must have web tool to obtain a better Google ranking. Most of the recently registered websites have gone for WordPress web development for their content management solutions, making it one of the most sought after CMSs in the current times.
While not all CMS offer an easy add or edit content option, WordPress is one-of-its-kind open source content management platform that acts as a saviour in this scenario. WordPress comes with fabulous search and share optimization with additional plugins.
- Editing without needing to know HTML
- Post-dating of articles so they can automatically “go live” on the scheduled date (as is required with embargoed articles until their print publication date)
- Reader participation through comments
- Organization of the content using tags
- Seamless handling of pre-existing URLs
- Easy addition of new functionality (as it is “open source”)
- Free support by the very responsive developer and user communities
Drupal is a free and an open source modular framework and content management system (CMS) written in PHP. Drupal, like many modern CMS, allows the system administrator to create and organize content, customize the presentation, automate administrative tasks, and manage site visitors and contributors. If you want a blog, if you are looking for a professional website for your company then drupal is a good option for you.
Considered to be one of the most popular content management systems, Drupal enables easy publishing, managing and organizing diverse content on a website. Works smoothly on the Microsoft Web Platform, Drupal is an open source platform and it can adapt to any virtual design.
- Easy to install and configure on live server
- Small learning curve for administration
- Lots of features, such as custom search engine friendly URLs (SEF), categories, search function
- Flexibility – You can easily turn your drupal installation into a forum, faq, blog, wiki and many other types of web sites
- Users & community – The large community guarantees that Drupal will have a bright future
- Open source and free to use & customize
- Easily integrable with third party application
- Nukestone offers end-to-end Drupal Web Application Development Solutions:
CakePHP is rapid development framework for PHP and is the best solution if you are looking to develop and maintain big applications in extensible architecture. CakePHP is a MVC based framework which provides an environment for the designers and developers to work simultaneously. It is one of the fastest emerging open source PHP Framework that is gaining popularity among web developers for its dynamic capabilities.
CakePHP development provides a better and organized form of PHP platform to create hassle free and organized PHP applications. CakePHP saves a lot on development time and hence reduces the development costs significantly.
- Built in features like translations, database access, caching, validation and authentication.
- Support the MVC architecture along with PHP4 and PHP5.
- Built-in support for AJAX.
- Code generation and scaffolding features to rapidly build prototypes.
- Fast and flexible templating.
- Free usage with MIT license that further reduces costs.
- Highly secure with built in tools for input validation, CSRF protection, from tampering protection, SQL injection prevention, and XSS prevention.
- Compatible with Object Relational Mapping framework.
CodeIgniter is a very popular and powerful PHP framework for creating full-featured web applications. It is an open source which helps programmers in providing cost-effective PHP solutions. CodeIgniter is a MVC (Model-Viewer-Controller) based object-oriented framework which provides an environment for the designers and developers to work simultaneously thereby considerably reducing the development time. It also allows developers to build large apps in manageable way.
CodeIgniter is a proven, agile and open PHP framework that enables programmers to develop next gen dynamic applications. It is an easy to understand tool that is loaded with hundreds of libraries. As a result, CodeIgniter handles connection to multiple databases within a single application quite seamlessly.
- Nearly Zero configurations
- Exceptional performance
- Easy programming and no restrictive coding rules
- Working without usage of command line
- Helps programmers in programming without large-scale huge libraries.
- Clear and systematic documentation
- Broad compatibility with standard hosting
- Developers can develop and program without learning templating language
- All the above reasons make it a very economical tool for web application development